Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Waiting List

The waiting list has been started!! Let the excitement ensue.

After emailing a contact late last week about our fleece I heard back that she is definitely interested! I've put her name on the list, and we officially have our first customer! Remember, we are taking orders NOW!!

Besides getting our first contact we had a pretty slow week. However, today while I was cleaning the cages we had something a little funny happen. Just before I was ready to put the buck's litter pan back under his cage he suddenly turned tail to the corner and SPRAYED. As in, even if the litter pan had been there it wouldn't have done us much good. We've never had a problem with this before, and the urine guards helped, but not enough. I have no idea what caused him to do it. It was pretty funny at the time, but it won't be if he continues. Thankfully I have the cages on a plastic tablecloth so messes will be easy to clean, so it wasn't a big deal. 

Also, if your rabbit's water bottle is leaking, fix it!! After our broken tort's water bottle leaked its full contents into her litter pan three times in three days, I had quite a nasty mess to clean. The problem has been resolved, but it was like scooping out a swamp.

So, those were pretty gross, but hopefully funny for you, stories. I'm still loving raising angora rabbits! Especially now that I see some money being made in the future!

Tip of the Week: I've started swapping out the litter pans when I'm cleaning, and it's been much more effective. After our tort doe "soiled" the floor under her cage three times while I was cleaning her litter pan last Sunday I decided things had to change. I cleaned the top cage litter pan first, put it back under the bottom cage, and then cleaned the bottom litter pan and put it under the top cage. That way none of the cages have a direct line to the floor for more than a few seconds, and it has kept me from cleaning up more messes.

No comments:

Post a Comment