Monday, January 31, 2011

Busy, busy!

Real life is catching up with me this week. Not much has been done besides feeding the rabbits each day, brushing them twice a week, and cleaning their cages twice a week, so this entry will be a bit short. Perhaps when my life calms down a bit next week I will have more to tell.

Things to do this week: Go to local farm and home store and pick up more rabbit food and some barn lime. The lime is to sprinkle in the bottom of the litter pans to help dry up the spots the rabbits like the most. As for the rabbit food, we're down to a quarter of a bag, which is pretty impressive since I haven't purchased feed since we got them! They sure do not eat much.

A minor problem: I've run out of newspapers and junk mail to shred. I've been trying to stretch what I have out as long as possible, but I finally broke down last weekend and purchased a block of wood shavings. Hopefully this is a temporary situation and I will be acquiring more paper from family and friends soon.

Don't forget we have fiber for sale!! Now accepting orders, see previous posts for contact information and details.

Tip of the week: In a pinch, I've been stretching my bedding further by saving the mostly unsoiled bedding in the pan and refluffing it over the areas that get the heaviest use, so I'm only changing the bedding in about half a pan at a time. It's not ideal for the long run, but until I get more paper it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment